News and Headlines, In The News, World News, Commentary/Opinion.
In The News:
Aug. 31 (UPI) — Production has begun in Burbank, Calif., on Roseanne spinoff The Conners, ABC announced Friday.
The network released a cast photo showing Sara Gilbert (Darlene), Jayden Rey (Mary), Michael Fishman (DJ), Ames McNamara (Mark), John Goodman(Dan,) Laurie Metcalf (Jackie), Lecy Goranson (Becky) and Emma Kenney (Harris), sitting around the kitchen table on the studio set meant to be the titular family’s Illinois home, and practicing their lines.
The network has not announced how Roseanne’s absence will be explained other than to say, “After a sudden turn of events, the Conners are forced to face the daily struggles of life in Lanford in a way they never have before.”
James Woods, Tim Allen, and Clint Eastwood are shining lights in a sea of Hollywood darkness.
I am sure you all have watched one of the best show on TV “Last Man Standing.” Sadly after six seasons, ABC Network decided to cancel Tim Allen-starring sitcom.
Last Man was ABC’s second-highest-rated comedy behind Modern Family, averaging, in its sixth season, an impressive 6.41 million live viewers.
Now, a promo for season seven of this show has been released and fans were overjoyed to see that Allen took the opportunity to bash the liberals who canceled the show in the first place.
Federal immigration authorities have placed detainers on two Guatemalan nationals charged this week in a devastating hit-and-run crash that killed a 4-year-old Richmond boy and severely injured his parents and older brother. Neither of the men have driver’s licenses.
Edilberto Hernandez-Perez, 28, is unlawfully residing in the U.S., an ICE spokeswoman said Wednesday. Hernandez-Perez told Chesterfield authorities that he has been living in the U.S. and Virginia for five months and works as a plumber, according to court papers used to determine his eligibility for bail.
The immigration status of Jose A. Gonzalez-Flores, also 28 — who police say was driving a borrowed pickup truck that plowed into the back of the family’s car on Saturday — is less clear.
Gonzalez-Flores told Chesterfield authorities he’s been in the community since 2013 and has worked construction jobs over the past five years, according to court documents used to determine his eligibility for bail. He also said he lives with a woman with whom he has a child.
Despite having no driver’s license, Gonzalez-Flores has racked up at least eight local driving offenses since 2014 and was declared a fugitive by Hopewell authorities for failing to show up to court on charges of driving under suspension and failing to obey a traffic signal, court records show.
Gonzalez-Flores frequently has been convicted in absentia and owes more than $1,300 in fines and court costs for five of his convictions. He has been found guilty three times of having no driver’s license and two times for driving under suspension, which means he continued to drive after being directed by a judge or DMV not to drive, according to court records.
He also was convicted of driving with an open container of alcohol and reckless driving for speeding 85 mph in a 65 mph zone, court records show.
Elias Camacho, 4, was fatally injured in the crash. His brother, 7, suffered life-threatening injuries but survived.
The boys’ parents, whom police have not identified, suffered serious injuries, but authorities said they have been discharged from the hospital.
Footage has emerged of several rowdy EasyJet passengers in the midst of a heated confrontation on a flight from Luton, England, to the Spanish island of Ibiza earlier this month.
The incident, which took place on Aug. 2, reportedly started after an intoxicated woman began giving lap dances to male passengers seated near the front of the aircraft, and flashing her breasts as well.
Police in Berkeley, California, released footage of a 21-year-old woman being robbed of her cell phone while she was standing near the road.
The woman is looking down at the phone as a gold-colored car pulls up next to her. She briefly looks up and then again looks down at her phone.
Then, a young black male gets out of the car, looks around quickly, and grabs the woman’s phone before returning to the passenger side of the vehicle. The woman tries to fight him off, but the car quickly pulls away, dragging her several feet.
President Trump on Friday will kick off the Labor Day holiday weekend by signing an executive order making it easier for small businesses to offer retirement savings plans, administration officials said.
The order, which he will sign at an event in North Carolina, will direct the Treasury and Labor departments to begin work easing regulations that often prevent small business from providing 401(k) and other retirement plans.
A top consideration will be making it easier for businesses to join together to offer Association Retirement Plans, also known as Multiple Employer Plans, James Sherk, special assistant to the president for domestic policy, told reporters in a preview of the executive order.
The proposal has garnered bipartisan support but has yet to pass out of Congress.
The Labor Department unveiled on Thursday a new website to promote business apprenticeship programs, apprenticeship.gov, billed as a “one-stop source for all things apprenticeship.”
The free site is essentially a search engine intended to help employers promote opportunities for apprenticeships and to help workers find them.
“President Trump’s administration is working to ensure the American workforce has the skills to succeed and the opportunities to secure family-sustaining careers,” said U.S. Secretary of Labor Alexander Acosta.
“Today’s launch of Apprenticeship.gov offers the first step in better online resources for apprenticeships across all industries.”
California may soon mandate under threat of financial penalty that every public company include at least one woman on its board.
State legislators passed a bill Wednesday that would require publicly-traded companies headquartered in California to place at least one woman on their board by the end of next year — or face a penalty.
The bill, SB-826, states point-blank:
This bill, no later than the close of the 2019 calendar year, would require a domestic general corporation or foreign corporation that is a publicly held corporation, as defined, whose principal executive offices, according to the corporation’s SEC 10-K form, are located in California to have a minimum of one female, as defined, on its board of directors, as specified.
No later than the close of the 2021 calendar year, the bill would increase that required minimum number to 2 female directors if the corporation has 5 directors or to 3 female directors if the corporation has 6 or more directors.
California’s biggest boondoggle just broke the bank.
Not only is the massive high-speed rail project 11 years behind schedule and billions in the red, managers are now saying they will need to ramp up spending to hit a 2033 deadline.
California’s money pit cost taxpayers $3.1 million a day last year. But that’s small potatoes compared to what they’ll have to shell out over the next four if they want to meet their deadline and budget, estimated most recently at $100 billion in a report last month by the New York Times.
LOS ANGELES – Sitting in his storefront office across the street from the Los Angeles County Men’s Central Jail and Twin Towers Correctional Facility, Clay Potter isn’t sure how many of the dozen or so businesses he shares a cramped, sun-bleached strip mall with will still be open in a year’s time.
The strip mall – like the majority of businesses along this stretch of Vignes St. in downtown Los Angeles – is filled with the offices of cut-rate criminal defense attorneys, greasy taquerias and bail bondsmen like him.
But after Gov. Jerry Brown signed a bill earlier this week making California the first state to eliminate bail for suspects awaiting trial, Potter – whose father founded Bert Potter Bail Bonds 54 years ago – doesn’t think these small businesses, and the state’s bail bond industry as a whole, will be able to survive.
The missing 16-year-old high school girl was found by law enforcement officers in California along with the 25-year-old wrestling coach she with whom she absconded.
The teen, a junior at Franklin High School in Stockton, where Phillip Maglaya was part of the wrestling team as a volunteer coach, was found in a residence in Stockton, according to San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Dave Konecny.
Konecny told the Sacramento Bee that an anonymous tip led officers to the house and that the girl was found around 7:45 a.m. on Aug. 30. She was reported missing on Aug. 22.
The girl was taken to her family while Maglaya was arrested and charged with child abduction, child endangerment, and contact with a minor for a sex offense.
He was also charged with harmful matter sent to a child with the intent to seduce, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and additional felony sex offenses involving a minor.
Texas won’t allow schools to use state funding to educate immigrant children while they are being housed in federal detention – something that would have cost millions, the Texas Education Agency (TEA) said.
The education agency told Austin-based charter school group Southwest Key, Promesa Public Schools, that local schools that want to serve migrant students in federal custody can’t “do so with state education funding,” The Houston Chronicle reported.
A Texas man caught on video cursing at a teenager after allegedly stealing the teen’s “Make America Great Again” (MAGA) hat has been indicted by a grand jury.
Kino Jimenez, 30, was identified by police officers after the victim published footage of the incident, which appears to show Jimenez taking a drink on the table and hurling it at the teen.
Jimenez then lets loose with a string of invectives as he walks toward the door of the Whataburger in San Antonio where the alleged crime occurred.
Assaults of Trump Supporters
A number of incidents have arisen where Trump supporters wearing “MAGA” hats have been assaulted. During the same month, a teen visiting Seattle from elsewhere in Washington state posted video footage of a man with green hair knocking his “MAGA” hat off and spitting on it.
The latest took place in California this week, with a high school student ripping a hat off the head of her classmate before slapping a teacher who intervened.
An authoritative fact check of a media-hyped report that 31 percent of the world’s mass shootings have occurred in the United States has found that just 1.43 of the killings happened in America.
The shocking push back from the Crime Prevention Research Center also found that just 2.11 percent of mass murders occurred in the U.S.
“Attacks in the U.S. are not only less frequent than other countries, they are also much less deadly on average,” said the Center’s President John R. Lott Jr.
The media and anti-gun liberals have heralded the earlier report that suggested that the United States is the world’s kill zone.
A judge in Pennsylvania sentenced a man who shot at state troopers to 55 years and six months to 110 years in prison.
Daniel Clary, 22, was convicted of attempted murder of law enforcement officers and other crimes for a Nov. 7 incident where he opened fire at two Pennsylvania State Police troopers during a traffic stop. Dashcam footage from a trooper’s car was released earlier this month, showing the shootout.
Pennsylvania State police Cpl. Seth Kelly, who nearly died in the incident, gave a statement on Aug. 31, reported The Allentown Morning Call.
A couple who raised more than $400,000 for a homeless man that used his last $20 to fill up the gas tank of a stranded motorist in Philadelphia must now turn over what’s left of the cash.
A New Jersey judge issued the order Thursday, Aug. 30, during a hearing on a lawsuit brought by Johnny Bobbitt, the man who made headlines fame by helping Katie McClure when her car ran out of gas on the I-95 exit ramp near Philadelphia.
Bobbitt’s lawyers claimed McClure and her boyfriend, Mark D’Amico, have mismanaged a large portion of the donations raised for him on GoFundMe.
The couple denies allegations of mismanagement, saying they were reluctant to give Bobbitt such a large sum of money out of fear he would buy drugs.
At least 145 people have provided firsthand accounts of sexual misconduct by a former Ohio State University team doctor accused of groping scores of male athletes and other students during his two decades there.
They’re among more than 335 people interviewed by the law firm hired to investigate allegations raised this year about Dr. Richard Strauss, according to an update from the university’s attorney that was read Thursday to an Ohio State trustees’ committee by Provost Bruce McPheron.
Earlier this week, D.C.-based journalist Gabe Schneider stoked the ire of SJWs when he revealed that In-N-Out gave $25,000 to the California Republican Party in 2018, which was confirmed by a public filing on the Secretary of State’s website.
Soon after, the hashtag #BoycottInNOut began trending on Twitter with the same fire and fury as seen during the Chick-fil-A controversy when CEO Dan Cathy revealed his support for traditional marriage.
Fortunately, like Chick-fil-A, the burger chain has decided not to cave to the pressure.
In a statement, In-N-Out Burger executive vice president Arnie Wensinger defended the company’s donations, noting that the company has given to both parties.
Attorney Bruce Ohr, an Obama holdover in the Department of Justice, kept Andrew Weissmann — Robert Mueller’s deputy — in the loop about the dirty “Trump Dossier” that was used to kick-start Mueller’s investigation into alleged Russian collusion with the 2016 Trump campaign.
“This is a dramatic and stunning development that should effectively end Robert Mueller’s special counsel investigation,” said attorney Gregg Jarrett, author of the No. 1 bestseller, The Russia Hoax. “In fact, he should immediately fire Andrew Weissman and terminate his special counsel probe.”
Jarrett made the remarks during a panel discussion with Judge Jeanine Pirro and investigative reporter Sara Carter on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show.
Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani slammed anti-Trump DOJ official Bruce Ohr Thursday evening; calling for an investigation into whether he or his wife committed a federal crime by concealing payments from the DNC.
Giuliani blasted Ohr on social media just one day after he testified before Congressional leaders on Capitol Hill, saying “What are the odds the DOJ or Mueller have begun an investigation of Bruce Ohr for violating 18 USC sec. 208? That’s a federal felony unless he disclosed all facts to the DOJ and has a written waiver. How many of you know what that is?”
“Ohr’s wife was financially benefitted by Ohr, a DOJ official, advancing the Steele phony dossier. Her firm got some part of the $1.02 million paid by Hillary and DNC. A crime unless he has a written waiver from Obama’s politicized DOJ which is possible,” he added.
CAIRO — Fierce clashes in the Libyan capital of Tripoli are endangering the lives of thousands of mostly African migrants, refugees and asylum seekers held in overcrowded detention centers, the aid agency Doctors Without Borders said Friday.
The fresh violence has renewed criticism over European Union policies to prevent the migrants and others from reaching Europe and instead return them to Libya, where powerful militias and tribes are vying for power.
MANAGUA, Nicaragua — The government of Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega is expelling a United Nations human rights team two days after the body published a critical report blaming it for the violent repression of opposition protests.
A U.N. human rights official who was not authorized to speak publicly about the situation said Friday the team was told to leave the country. An official statement was expected later.
The U.N. Security Council will discuss the situation in Nicaragua on Sept. 5, the official said.
In Australia, sex abuse in the Catholic Church has been so pervasive that thousands of people may be eligible for compensation. A five-year national inquiry into the abuse found that 7 percent of Australia’s Catholic priests were accused of abusing children between 1950 and 2010.
But on Friday, leaders from Australia’s Catholic Church said they would not mandate priests who are told about acts of child abuse and pedophilia during the sacrament of confession to share that information with any other parties, including police.
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte was criticized by women’s rights groups after he allegedly made a joke linking the high rape crime rate in the southern city of Davao to the number of “beautiful women” living there.
Duterte made the quip while delivering a speech Thursday in Davao, the city where he was once mayor,
“They said there are many rape cases in Davao,” he said. “As long as there are many beautiful women, there will be more rape cases.”
The MSM has to stop monkeying around. They continue to promote the theme as every Republican is a racist and that it is impossible for a Democrat to hate anyone.
Only hours after he won the Republican primary for the race for Florida Governor, the media has risen as one to smear Ron DeSantis as a “racist.”
Aaaaannnnd the media smear campaign begins right on time. They attacked Ron DeSantis by spinning his words into a different meaning but that same mainstream media never attacked Obama’s anti-Semitic bigotry that needed no spin to understand.
On Wednesday morning, DeSantis was warning Florida not to fall for his Democrat opponent’s socialist agenda, but his choice of an ages old saying to describe the folly of voting for failed socialist policies was the perfect avenue for the lying media to smear DeSantis as a “racist.”
Terrorists Are Walking Free
“Several suspects which police referred to as ‘radicalized Muslims,’ were found in possession of weapons, 11 starving children they were allegedly training to shoot up public schools… is there some reason this is so difficult to prosecute?” —Dana Loesch
Shatner told the Guardian: “The use of technology to affect our minds is so powerful now that we need to be on guard in the future.”
He is involved with Ziva Dynamics, a VR company, through which he has experienced “nightmarish footage” involving strange creatures that creep up on the user.
“It’s so real: it’s the stuff of nightmares … We’ve got to be really careful because you could put somebody into a psychosis,” he said.
Shatner also spoke of experiences created by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, a research centre that works for Nasa. It had turned space footage into 3D, he said, describing how, with VR goggles, he “walked on Mars”