Tag: PragerU

News and Headlines. 7/19/2019

Albert Flick, sits in court at his murder trial in Auburn, Maine.

News and Headlines: In The News, Immigration, Tech Watch, Politics, World News, Commentary/Opinion.

In The News:

Convicted murderer, 77, deemed too old to be a threat, fatally stabbed woman in front of her children

Albert Flick, sits in court at his murder trial in Auburn, Maine.
In a Monday, July 15, 2019 photo, Albert Flick, sits in court at his murder trial in Auburn, Maine. A jury convicted Flick on Wednesday in the 2018 death of 48-year-old Kimberly Dobbie. (Andree Kehn/Sun Journal via AP)

Both the attack, which was in front of a laundromat in broad daylight, and Flick’s purchase two days earlier of two knives, were caught on surveillance video.

Prosecutors say Flick was infatuated with Dobbie, 48, and followed her around and dined at the homeless shelter where she was staying.

They knew one another, witnesses said, but were not in a relationship.

Family of Chicago infant cut from mother’s womb billed $300G for his – and suspected killer’s – care by hospital: report

This combination of booking photos provided by the Chicago Police Department on Thursday, May 16, 2019 shows from left, Pioter Bobak, 40; Clarisa Figueroa, 46; and Desiree Figueroa, 24. Clarisa Figueroa and her 24-year-old daughter, Desiree Figueroa, have been charged with murder in Ochoa-Lopez’s death. Clarisa Figueroa’s boyfriend, Piotr Bobak, is charged with concealing a homicide.
(Chicago Police Department via AP)

Marlen Ochoa-Lopez was killed on April 23 after Clarisa Figueroa, 46, and her daughter Desiree, 26, lured the 19-year-old to their apartment with the promise of free baby clothes.

Instead, police say the pair strangled the young mother and cut the infant from her womb.

The infant, Yovanny Jadiel Lopez, was taken to the hospital after the suspects called 911 to report that he had stopped breathing. He died on June 14 after being on life support for three weeks.

The pair was charged with first-degree murder for Yovanny’s death Thursday in addition to at least two dozen counts of first-degree murder, aggravated kidnapping, dismemberment of a human body and concealment of a homicide.

Man accused of assaulting officers had previously been arrested 63 times

According to WBTV, 23-year old Romell Mackey has been arrested a contemptible 63 times before he finally assaulting three police officers on Tuesday night.
According to WBTV, 23-year old Romell Mackey has been arrested a contemptible 63 times before he finally assaulting three police officers on Tuesday night.

A Charlotte-Mecklenburg Officer responded to a 911 dispatch of a larceny on South Boulevard where he confronted Mackey.

Mackey allegedly assaulted the officer when he attempted to place him into custody. The officer suffered a potential head injury, bruises and lacerations in the assault.

A civilian is reported to have assisted in ultimately subduing the repeat offender.

Even once in custody, Mackay continued his menacing behavior.

While being transported to the intake center, Mackay attempted to escape and further assaulted two more officers, WBTC reports.

Ohio man gets 30 months in prison for attacking man he thought was Jewish

Koch, 34, was standing outside a restaurant asking people if they were Jewish.

Though Marshall is not Jewish he answered in the affirmative when asked.

Koch then beat him up, causing injuries to his ribs and a fracture of the orbital floor, the bottom portion of his eye socket.

The assailant, who is originally from Turkey, was indicted and convicted last year.

Superintendent from Parkland massacre traveling on taxpayer dime to fight against Second Amendment

More than $6 million. That’s how much is being spent on the superintendent of the school district that includes Parkland, where the school shooting massacre happened.

It’s the same superintendent that we’re told helped to create the PROMISE Program which prevented law enforcement from being able to do their jobs… all seemingly in the name of reducing the perceived numbers of crimes in the schools and community.

Now that same superintendent is traveling the country to rail against the second amendment… all on the taxpayer dime. We decided to investigate – here’s what we found.

Ex-New York Giants offensive lineman Mitch Petrus dies of heat stroke at age 32

This 2012 file photo shows Mitch Petrus of the New York Giants NFL football team. Officials say Petrus, a former Arkansas offensive lineman who later won a Super Bowl with the New York Giants, has died in Arkansas of apparent heat stroke. (AP)

Pulaski County Coroner Gerone Hobbs said Petrus died Thursday night at a North Little Rock hospital. Arkansas is in the midst of a heat wave, like most of the rest of the U.S.

Petrus had worked outside all day at his family shop and his cause of death is listed as heat stroke, the coroner said.

Key Mueller Witness Indicted On Child Sex-Trafficking Charges

Screenshot Via C-SPAN

Nader was indicted in Washington, D.C., in 1984 on child pornography charges. According to The Daily Beast, which first reported the new indictment against Nader, he was arrested in 1990 after being found with videos of young boys. He pleaded guilty the following year.

He was convicted in the Czech Republic in 2002 of sexually abusing 10 underage boys. He served one year in prison.

The indictment, which was handed down July 3, comes on top of one unsealed in June against Nader, who was a longtime adviser to the crown prince of the United Arab Emirates.

Nader played a key role in setting up a meeting in January 2017 between defense contractor Erik Prince and the head of Russia’s direct investment fund in the Seychelles.

Nader also met during the presidential transition period with Jared Kushner, and worked closely with Elliot Broidy, a former top Republican fundraiser who is reportedly under investigation for bribery and money laundering.

In August 2016, Nader offered help to the Trump campaign during a meeting at Trump Tower with Donald Trump Jr. and Prince.

Nader, 60, was interviewed multiple times during the special counsel’s investigation, all but one time under a proffer agreement with prosecutors.

Nader is mentioned approximately 120 times in the special counsel’s report, but there is no mention of his long history of alleged child sex crimes.

15 of the 25 ‘prospective corporate sponsors’ of the Straight Pride parade are joining Netflix in refusing involvement, and some are threatening legal action

Milo Yiannopoulos, an alt-right figure who will act as the Straight Pride parade’s grand marshal and mascot.
 Drew Angerer/Getty Images

Furthermore, some said they were never contacted by the organizers in the first place about potential sponsorship. However, Super Happy Fun America president John Hugo told Business Insider that claim is “absurd” and “absolutely a lie.”

“That’s a lie, we sent them all emails,” Hugo said. “We are not anti-gay. We are pro-straight, there’s a big difference.”

Dr. Drew: Los Angeles Faces Imminent Outbreak of Bubonic Plague

Frederic J. Brown / AFP / Getty

Bubonic plague, Dr. Drew said, like typhus, is endemic to the region, and can spread to humans from rodents in a similar fashion.

Though commonly recognized as the medieval disease responsible for the Black Death in the fourteenth century, which killed one-third of the population of Europe, the last outbreak of bubonic plague in the U.S. was nearly a century ago, from 1924 to 1925 — also in Los Angeles.

Only a “heroic effort” by doctors stopped it, Dr. Drew recalled, warning that conditions were perfect for another outbreak of the plague in the near future.

Los Angeles is one of the only cities in the country, Dr. Drew said, that has no rodent control plan.

“And if you look at the pictures of Los Angeles, you will see that the homeless encampments are surrounded by dumps. People defecate there, they throw their trash there, and the rats just proliferate there.”

Immigration:

Border deaths declined in Trump’s first two years in office, data shows

The hand of a youth from Nuevo Laredo rests on the gate as he stops to watch a train pass, above the Rio Grande river on International Bridge 1 Las Americas, a legal port of entry which connects Laredo, Texas in the U.S. with Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, Thursday, July 18, 2019. (AP)

According to statistics compiled by the United States Border Patrol, there were 298 border deaths in 2017 and 283 in 2018, making it an average of 291 per year.

The average yearly deaths under President Obama stood at 372 and 382 under the Bush administration.

Indeed, the tragedy of border deaths has been happening for several decades.

The highest number of border deaths on record, official data shows, was in 2005 in which the trek claimed 492 lives, seconded by 2012 in which 471 deaths were recorded by Border Patrol.

“But the reality is that deaths at the U.S-Mexico border decreased after Donald Trump became president,” the analysis stated.

“The fact remains that the totals from 2017 (298) and 2018 (283) are two of the lowest since 1999 – and there was no mass outcry in earlier years with much higher numbers.”

CBP deputy commissioner responds to AOC’s suggestion of ‘dehumanizing culture’ among border agents

“We are a culture of front line agents and officers, men and women, who have already affected 4,000 rescues, risking our own lives for the sake of rescuing people who find themselves in danger trying to, more often than not, illegally cross the border,” Perez responded, noting his 26 years on the job.

He said the culture among agents is to protect communities from gangs, drug traffickers and other criminals.

Perez also updated on the progress made in building the border wall, confirming that over two-and-a-half years, construction of “over 51 miles of new and enduring capability along our southwest border” has been completed.

He said construction took place and will resume along the border of southern California and El Paso, Texas.

“We will soon be building in Yuma, Arizona as well,” Perez added.

Prosecutors: U.S. Citizen from Kazakhstan Charged with Joining ISIS

“The defendant, a naturalized U.S. citizen residing in Brooklyn, turned his back on the country that took him in and joined ISIS, serving its violent ends in Syria and attempting to recruit others to its cause,” United States Attorney Donoghue said.

“Our counterterrorism prosecutors and law enforcement partners will continue working relentlessly to hold accountable those like the defendant who have supported ISIS’s violent agenda.”

The charges state that Asainov visited Turkey in 2013 and later traveled to Syria, where he is believed to have signed up to fight for ISIS.

Between 2014 and 2015, Asainov allegedly told an informant that joining ISIS had renewed his “faith in Islam” and promised to send pictures with him holding a “large-caliber assault rifle.”

College students surprised to learn Obama touted deportations of criminal aliens

In 2014, Obama touted his administration’s deportation policy in an immigration address from the White House.

“We are a nation of laws. Undocumented workers broke our immigration laws, and I believe that they must be held accountable, especially those who may be dangerous.

That’s why over the past six years deportations of criminals are up 80 percent, and that’s why we’re going to keep focusing on threats to our security,” Obama said.

Phillips recently traveled to Georgetown University, where he read the quote to students, who quickly criticized it and assumed it came from Trump.

Tech Watch:

DAVID V GOLIATH: Israelis to sue Facebook for $500B in Australia

Facebook, Google & Twitter have been sent legal letters putting them on notice about this claim for damages exceeding $500 billion, comprising over $350 billion in investor losses from market drops, over $150 billion in cryptocurrency exchange revenue losses and untold billions of cryptocurrency project losses.

Fireside Chat Ep. 91 – Dennis Testifies Before the Senate

This week Dennis talks about his Senate Judiciary hearing testimony on Big Tech censorship on behalf of PragerU.

Why has Google/YouTube placed so many PragerU videos on its restricted list?

A Google representative gives a baffling, comedic answer.

Dennis Prager and Google VP Testify Before the U.S. Senate on Tech Censorship

Dennis Prager and Google’s VP testify before the Senate Judiciary’s Subcommittee on the Constitution, chaired by Sen. Ted Cruz, regarding Big Tech censorship.
Watch the full hearing.

Politics:

Trump addresses feud with ‘The Squad’ and tensions with Iran

President Trump says he is unhappy when a Congresswoman says she is going to be the President’s nightmare.

President Trump photo opportunity commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon landing

President Trump and The First Lady participate in a photo opportunity commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon landing.

Number of Threats Against Congressmen Up

Congressman Steve Scalise (R-La.) speaks to guests at the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum in Indianapolis, Indiana, on April 26, 2019. (Scott Olson/Getty Images)

“For fiscal year 2018, we had approximately 4,894 cases. So far, for this year, we have 2,502 cases. So we’re on par to probably break last year’s,” Sund said.

His testimony Tuesday marked his first appearance before the committee since taking over the congressional police force in June, following the retirement of his predecessor, Matthew Verderosa.

It was not clear from Sund’s testimony, however, that the actual threat level has increased since the June 2017 incident in which an angry supporter of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) opened fire on Republican congressmen and staffers who were practicing at an Alexandria, Va., baseball field for the annual congressional ballgame.

Are Media Using Resurfaced Epstein Video to Frame Trump; While Ignoring Clinton’s Extensive Ties?

Commentary/Opinion: Following the arrest of Jeffrey Epstein on charges of molesting underage girls and sex trafficking children, media organizations have tried to tie him to President Donald Trump.

On July 17, MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” program aired footage showing Trump at a party with Epstein.

The footage had previously been aired by NBC News during the presidential election race in 2016.

Following the Morning Joe report, a number of other media, including The New York Times, The Washington Post, and CNN, also reported on the video.

Woman asks Warren about ‘honesty’ over her claim of Native American ancestry

“How do you overcome the bridge with voters like me who like you, who like your plans, who like what you have to say but I have concerns about your honesty?” she asked.

The woman, Elizabeth Radecic, said that as a mother of two black children, she developed a better understanding for the reasoning behind affirmative action.

Warren, according to her, had disrespected that reasoning by stating, earlier in her career, that she had Native American ancestry.

Congressional investigators seeking Nellie Ohr’s opposition research records on Trump family

Fox News has reached out to Nellie Ohr’s lawyer asking if she remains willing to provide the records, if turning over the documents requires a subpoena and what has accounted for the six-month delay.

It is not publicly known whether any of her research was reflected in the dossier, which also looked at the travel history of former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, among others.

Bruce Ohr’s actions during that time have been of interest to investigators, as it is believed he was the back channel between Steele, the Trump dossier author, and the FBI.

World News:

Iran seizes British oil tanker in Strait of Hormuz international waters

Navy of the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution commandos and missile boats in Great Prophet IX Maneuver in the general area of Strait of Hormuz, Persian Gulf. February 2015. (sayyed shahab-o- din vajedi/Wikimedia Commons)

Iran’s Revolutionary Guard claimed Friday that it has confiscated a British oil tanker in the Strait of Hormuz’s international waters.

Iran’s state-run media is reporting that the IRGC “seized” the British-flagged oil tanker, according to the BBC.

RT posted video that is reportedly of the incident, but it has not been confirmed by news outlets.

Trump: US warship destroyed Iranian drone in Strait of Hormuz

The light marine air defense integrated system aboard the USS Kearsarge
The light marine air defense integrated system aboard the USS Kearsarge this past January. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Cpl. Tawanya Norwood/Released)

“The U.S. reserves the right to defend personnel, facilities, interests,” he said.

Trump said the USS Boxer took defensive action after the drone closed to within 1,000 yards of the warship and ignored multiple calls to stand down.

The president called it the latest “hostile” action by Iran.

Marines on board took down the drone using electronic jamming equipment, U.S. officials told Fox News later Thursday.

Trump administration offers $7m for information leading to the arrest of AMIA bombing suspect

A view of the AMIA Jewish community center building at the 23rd anniversary commemoration of the terrorist bombing
A view of the AMIA Jewish community center building at the 23rd anniversary commemoration of the terrorist bombing attack that killed 85 people and injured 300 in Buenos Aires, July 18, 2017. ((Juan Mabromata/AFP/Getty Images)

The reward offer posted Friday by the State Department was timed to mark the anniversary of the July 18, 1994 bombing of AMIA, which killed 85 people and wounded more than 300.

It identifies Salman Raouf Salman, also known as Samuel Salman El Reda, as a “key leader” of the Lebanese Hezbollah terrorist militia.

El Reda is also one of nine suspects in the AMIA bombing still subject to an Interpol red notice, or warrant. The other eight are Iranians.

Argentina and the United States convened a ministerial summit on terrorism this week to mark the AMIA bombing, and both have expressed frustration that the nine suspects are still free to travel, despite the Interpol warrants.

A massive reward would inhibit the freedoms a suspect like El Reda now enjoys.

Mom misdiagnosed with cancer underwent chemotherapy, mastectomy, lawyers claim

Boyle, pictured with her children, said she now worries about the possibility of a future diagnosis because of her reconstructive surgery. (SWNS)

Sarah Boyle, 28, told SWNS that her lawyers obtained an admission of liability from the hospital trust, but she wants more parameters put in place so that it can’t happen to any other patients.

“Being told that I had cancer was awful, but then to go through all of the treatment and surgery to then be told it was unnecessary was traumatizing,” Boyle, of Straffordshire, England, told SWNS.

Boyle claims that her ordeal began when she was 25, when she was allegedly told she had triple negative breast cancer. She underwent extensive treatment, but then was told in July 2017 that there had been a mistake.

Commentary/Opinion:

The Left Loves The Word ‘Racist’…But Will That Work?

The left loves using the word ‘racist’ against Donald Trump and Republicans, but remember when Hillary tried to use the same insult over and over?

Did it work for her?

%d bloggers like this: